Attorney admissions
case information
Court information
Forms and manuals
Judge information and conduct
Jury and naturalization services
Local rules and standing orders
Representing yourself
No text
Other links


Attorney Name Change

Attorneys may change their official names of record with the Clerk’s Office by submitting a letter requesting the name change. The letter should include (1) the attorney’s original name of membership, (2) the attorney’s bar number, (3) a brief statement explaining the reason for the name change (e.g., marriage, divorce, or other), and (4) a certification that the attorney’s new name is the same name of record in the state bar serving as the basis for the attorney’s membership in this Court’s bar.

Copies of marriage certificates and court documents are no longer required.

Mail the letter to

United States District Court
Clerk’s Office
101 West Lombard Street
4th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Attorney Admissions