Documents may be filed ex parte, meaning the documents can be viewed by attorneys for the filing party and this Court but cannot be viewed by (1) attorneys for other parties (unless selected by the filer as an ex parte recipient), (2) members of the public using a public terminal in the Clerk's Office, or (3) PACER users.
There are two ways to file a document ex parte.
1. Click Civil on the top menu bar, then click Notices
2. Select Notice of Filing of Ex Parte Document
3. Follow the standard filing procedure.
1. Click Civil on the blue menu bar, then click either Motions or Responses and Replies as appropriate.
2. From the menu, carefully select one of the following:
- 1 – Ex parte Docket Entry AND Document – to be used ONLY in conjunction with other selection – to restrict access to both the docket entry and the document
- 1 – Ex parte Document – to be used ONLY in conjunction with other selection – to restrict access to only the document
3. After selecting the ex parte event, you must also select the appropriate motion, response, or reply.
4. Be sure the ex parte event appears as the first event in the list of selected events.
5. Click Next.
6. Follow the standard filing procedure.