The Clerk's Office occasionally receives reports of the public receiving telephone calls from someone falsely claiming to be from either our office or another federal agency. If you receive any questionable communication from this Court, you may call (410) 962-2600 or (301) 344-0660 to confirm the validity of the communication.
Please be advised that no one from the Court nor any other law enforcement agency will ever contact you by phone or email and ask you for immediate payment. The Clerk’s Office only accepts payment by check (submitted in person or by mail), by credit card (submitted in person or through pay.gov), or by cash (submitted in person).
The Clerk’s Office has issued the following alerts to the public concerning specific scams or frauds.
- November 2017: Jury Duty Scam Alert -- U.S. Marshal Impersonation
- June 2017: Jury Duty Scam Alert -- False Jury Service Claims
- February 2016: Fraud Alert – Fraudulent Tax Debt Collection
- June 2015: Jury Duty Scam Alert – Fraudulent Arrest Warrants
- January 2015: Jury Duty Scam Alert – Failure to Appear Fines
- August 2014: Jury Duty Scam Alert – eJuror Emails
- November 2013: Possible Fictitious Arrest Warrant
- September 2005: Possible Identity Theft