All requests for transcripts or electronic recordings of proceedings must be submitted in writing and contain the case name, case number, date of proceeding(s), and presiding judge. The Clerk’s Office or court reporter will provide an estimate of costs for all written requests within two business days.
Ordering a Transcript from a Court Reporter
- Request the Transcript using the Online Transcript Request Page.
- The Court reporter will contact you with an estimate of the cost and delivery and payment information.
- If you have questions you may Contact the court reporter for the proceeding by phone
- Current transcript rates and processing times are set by court order and are available here.
Ordering a Transcript of an Electronically Recorded Proceeding
- Request the Transcript using the Online Transcript Request Page (Selecting “FTR/Electronically Recorded” as the Court reporter). Or Submit a completed Transcript Order Form (AO 435) to the Clerk’s Office.
- Once received, the Clerk's Office will notify you regarding to whom and by what method payment should be made.
- Transcripts are charged and processed at rates set by court order.
- Current transcript rates and processing times are set by court order and available here.
Ordering Audio of an Electronically Recorded Proceeding
- Submit a written request to the Clerk’s Office, along with payment of $32.00 made payable to “Clerk, U.S. District Court.”
- Requests will be processed within one business day of receiving payment.
Audio of electronic recordings are only available for proceedings when no court reporter was present.
Ordering a Transcript or Recording of a Sealed Proceeding
- Submit a written request to the presiding judge by filing a motion for sealed transcript in CM/ECF.
- After the judge grants the motion, the transcript or recording will be ordered once the Clerk’s Office receives payment and either Transcript Order Form (AO 435) or a written request.