Maryland Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
2021 Introduction to Federal Practice Program
Session IV: Criminal Practice
The Maryland Chapter of the Federal Bar Association will be presenting the fourth and final session of its online Introduction to Federal Practice Program on Friday, April 23, 2021. The program will run from 1:30 though 4 p.m. and will be devoted to federal criminal practice, featuring:
- A presentation by Magistrate Judge Deborah L. Boardman, AUSA Brandon Moore and AFPD Rosana Chavez on initial appearances and detention hearings.
- A presentation by AFPD Liz Oyer on discovery in criminal cases.
- A presentation by Judge Richard Bennett, AFPD Desiree Lassiter, and AUSA Patty McLane on motions, pleas, cooperation and Presentence Reports.
- A presentation by AFPD Katherine Tang Newberger on the federal sentencing guidelines.
- A presentation by Judge Paula Xinis, AUSA Dwight Draughon and AFPD Andy Szekely on federal sentencing practice.
An RSVP is required, but the CLE program is offered free of charge. The program is open to people who are not yet members of the FBA. Please send RSVPs by e-mail to: Jerome Cosby at Jcosby@milesstockbridge.com. Those who RSVP will receive a link for the program via email.