You are here

Name Change

Attorneys may change their official names of record with the Clerk’s Office by submitting a letter requesting the name change. The letter should include (1) the attorney’s original name of membership, (2) the attorney’s bar number, (3) a brief statement explaining the reason for the name change (e.g., marriage, divorce, or other), and (4) a certification that the attorney’s new name is the same name of record in the state bar serving as the basis for the attorney’s membership in this Court’s bar.

Copies of marriage certificates and court documents are no longer required.

The letter may be sent electronically to  Alternatively, the letter may be mailed to the Clerk's Office at 101 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.